Discussions > SkyRADAR General Discussions

Not receiving traffic

(1/3) > >>

Ray etcheverry:
Flew through LA basin last Saturday and Sunday. No traffic displayed. Running iPad mini and iPad Air. Have DX on wingX. Also have adsb out with king kt74.  This was the first time skyradar has not worked properly. What was strange was I had all indications it was working. Receiving adsb weather, even showed my own aircraft with side number, ahrs working. But no other traffic high or low. Any ideas?

Forum Administrator:
I recommend to request FAA ADS-B out compliance report for the flight. FAA is not sending traffic any more to non-compliant ADS-B out installations.

Ray etcheverry:
I asked for report after the kt74 was installed (about 12 months ago) everything was ok then. But I'll see if can get a report for this flight.  If they don't send any traffic to non compliance adsb, how is it that aircraft without adsb out receive traffic.  This works in my husky which also has DX. Seems like a very bad decision to  specially exclude adsb out aircraft. I wouldn't think that possible in the LA basin where you have multiple targets, many with adsb out "tickling" the towers. I would think you would still receive their info (albeit unreliable) and they could not specifically block you.
"

kshaw:
i am having the same issue and have same configuration.  I am using latest version of Wing-X, using Skyradar-DX, and also using King KT-74 with ADS-B out.  My transponder had the FAA check immediately after installation and it showed no errors.  I am receiving weather perfectly but zero traffic on last two flights.  I was flying under Washington DC Class B airspace so there should have been plenty of traffic to see.  It worked pretty well before latest version of Wing-X.

Forum Administrator:
Sounds like some issue with WingX. Possilby worth contacting them about traffic not being shown. I would also recommend to try running our own SkyRadar software to verify that traffic is being received.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version