Author Topic: Using first generation SkyRadar with FltPlan Go on Android, and iFly740  (Read 5291 times)

skyeyedoc

I've been very happy using my "original" SkyRadar with an iFly700 for many years with a short USB connection, and the SkyRadar box riding on the glare shield. I recently upgraded my iFly700 to the 740, and find it will connect with the SkyRadar quite easily.

I've also recently discovered the app FltPlan Go, and have installed it on two different Android tablets; an old Toshiba Thrive, and a somewhat newer Asus Transformer. Although the FltPlan Go app lists the Radenna SkyRadar among its wifi-capable devices, I've been unable to use it with either tablet.

On the Asus, I can see the ESSID of the SkyRadar (skyradar0001), but when I attempt to connect from the Android settings menu, it doesn't.

On the Toshiba, I cannot even see the ESSID of the SkyRadar in wifi settings, on a scan of available networks. Adding "skyradar0001" to the list of saved networks doesn't help.

To make them connect, is it necessary to modify the android device's network parameters by changing manual proxy or IP settings?

I've also read on this forum that there may be an application to tweak the network parameters of the SkyRadar's networking, and was wondering if that might solve my problem.

I was also uncertain if it was wise, or even possible, to use more than one wifi-linked device with the SkyRadar at the same time .  In other words, to use the iFly 740 with wifi at the same time as the Asus. Is this possible? If so, could this reduce the reliability of them both?

I'd really appreciate some help to solve this problem. The FltPlan Go android app is very interesting. Any insights would be appreciated.

GDTRFB

Re: Using first generation SkyRadar with FltPlan Go on Android, and iFly740
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 03:40:12 PM »
I can connect the D2 to FltPlan Go on an iPad. I have tried on my ASUS Nexus but it doesn't even see the Skyradar. This is because the older Android tablets don't allow "Peer to Peer" Wifi connections without "jailbreaking" them. I believe that the newer Android tablets will. If you want to use an older tablet, you can modify both the tablet and the Skyradar to connect. (See the "Android App" thread)
My plan is to get a new tablet! I will update the thread when I get it.
FltPlan Go is the best! Does everything the most popular program.

GDTRFB

See today's post for update.